Cookiewet mededeling:

Dit forum gebruikt cookies. Klik op het kruisje aan de rechterkant om akkoord te gaan met het gebruik van cookies.
This forum uses cookies. Click the X icon on the right to agree using cookies.

MKIV mounts op een 7M

Dit forum is bedoeld voor informatie over auto onderdelen. (Voorheen de informative database)

Moderators: Jos, mmarkk

Tjabbo
ShoarmaTeam Admin
kuchnie na wymiar

MKIV mounts op een 7M

Post by Tjabbo »

To all the people asking about replacing the 89+ engine mounts (Toyota calls them insulators) here is the economical solution. Many people are already using these 98 TT mounts and enough has been said on the forums about these. However I still see threads all the time about people asking what to do. The mounts are the same height and width, however they have an extra locating pin on the bottom. The 89+ rubber mounts do not have this pin (only one at the top). This pin needs to be ground off in order for the mount to properly seat in the subframe on the car. THe bolt that mounts into the bracket on the engine is slightly smaller but that's not a big deal. Piece of cake !!!

New 98 TT mount (Insulator), you can clearly see the part number, 12360-46111:
The 89+ Rubber Mount and the 98 TT side by side:
The untouched mount (left) and the ground down locator pin (right):
Another view of the pin ground off:
Installed !!!
Image[/QUOTE]
My blue manual 1989 1JZ Supra twin turbo
My grey automatic 1991 Supra turbo
Whenever a bird shits on my car I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch, just to show them what I'm capable of.