Cookiewet mededeling:

Dit forum gebruikt cookies. Klik op het kruisje aan de rechterkant om akkoord te gaan met het gebruik van cookies.
This forum uses cookies. Click the X icon on the right to agree using cookies.

Fuelcut

De MKIII supra, het bestaansrecht van shoarmateam.nl heeft hier zijn thuis.

Moderators: Jos, mmarkk

STRNPCP
Shoarma voorproever eerste klas
kuchnie na wymiar

Fuelcut

Post by STRNPCP »

Misschien ten overvloede, nu het erop lijkt dat John en zijn 7m gaan scheiden, maar toch, want ik denk dat het laatste over het optreden van fuelcut nog niet gezegd is
(en sorry John dat ik deze niet eerder mailde, als het wat had uitgemaakt: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showth ... ht=Fuelcut)

On the fuel cut topic... its based on air flow, and has little or nothing to do with running lean. Although thats what its there to potect against, air flow is the only thing the ECU is watching to enguage it. So obviously thats why the Lexus AFM works, allowing more airflow to get by while the ECU recieves the same (as stock) signal.
(even later):
then i decided to look at my afm and see if i could abck out the screw.. well the screw is so corroded that the screw literally just pushes in and out with ease... im guessing thats whats causing my fuel cut at 12 psi... and sometimes even at 10 psi...
(en):
yay i found it!! i got a afm off a memeber and put it in yesterday and am happy to report that i am boosting at .9 bar (just over 13 psi) and not hitting fuel cut i wound out third twice and never hit.. usually i hit in 2nd, then tons in third. but so far so good.. i am off to the track next friday and ill see if my clutch will blow up lol...
Conclusie:
So it was just your AFM that was messed up??
-thats what it seems like.. i replaced all the ic clamps with either brand new high quality wurm clamps or with t-bolts.. still hit. did spark plugs and valve cover gaskets (gaskets leaking like mad and pouring oil onto plugs) still hit. took out all washers out my wastegate, still hit at 10 psi. replaced afm and now i can wind out third peaking 13 psi at 3300 rpm or so and it doesnt hit

Andere reden (FPR related) (http://www.supramania.com/forums/showth ... ht=Fuelcut):
I'm not sure but I'm thinking a boost spike also,It happens so quik that the gauges don't have time to react so it dos'nt show more than around 6psi when it happens.I can accel slower and it doesn't happen.I put new hose on when I installed the controller,the hoses are about 2 feet long.Was wondering if the controller is bleeding to much air and thats why its spiking?The air temp is with in 10 degrees of when I first put it on a few days ago.It never worked right from the first time I tried it.Was wondering if a electronic boost controller would work better and not let it spike?or if a blow off would help the problem?Also is there a way to elimanate the fuel cut out or to move it to a higher psi?I under stand its there to save the motor in case of a over boost but what can a guy or gal do if they want to boost like 16psi.
Antw.:
you said your hoses are 2ft long. thats your boost spike right there. you need to have your hoses as short as possible so yu can keep the boost undercontrol. try shortening the hoses esp if its a pneumatic. A electronic boost controler can control/hold boost more level (compared to pneumatic) but if the hoses are too long then you may still get wavy boost or spikes.

En dan zijn er nog zaken als lekkende IC slangen, luchtdruk, temperatuur, boostpressure :)

Misschien is het een idee om een soort "flow-chart" te maken, waarbij de verschillende oorzaken stuk voor stuk aan bod komen in de volgorde van importantie bezien vanuit wat het meest voorkomt en wat het meeste schade aan de motor veroorzaakt? :Y)
"Simplicity is a prerequisite voor reliability"

"Lag is that short period of time when 'the cars' next to you think they are going to win".

(Originally by buckshotglass:)