Cookiewet mededeling:

Dit forum gebruikt cookies. Klik op het kruisje aan de rechterkant om akkoord te gaan met het gebruik van cookies.
This forum uses cookies. Click the X icon on the right to agree using cookies.

1JZ ECU: Vervangen van condensators

Dit forum is bedoeld voor informatie over auto onderdelen. (Voorheen de informative database)

Moderators: Jos, mmarkk

Tjabbo
ShoarmaTeam Admin
kuchnie na wymiar

1JZ ECU: Vervangen van condensators

Post by Tjabbo »

Het komt vaak voor dat 1JZ ecu's niet helemaal goed meer zijn. De condensatoren zijn dan meestal kapot.
Dit kan je vaak (maar niet altijd!) zien aan het bol staan van de condensator. Deze hoort vlak te zijn. Soms lekken ze zelfs.

Om deze te vervangen moet je ze van de ECU af solderen en nieuwe er weer op solderen.

De volgende waarden moet je ongeveer aanhouden wanneer je ze gaat vervangen:

(Bron: mk3supra.org)

De Condensatoren en hun waarden staan hieronder.
Ik heb er een voltage bij gezet. een hoger voltage mag gerust, lager voltage mag niet.
Als je bij bijv een site als conrad.nl kijkt zal je zien dat de meeste voltages rond de 63V liggen. dat is geen probleem.

1 - 47uF - 63V
2 - 33uF - 50V
3 - 220uF - 50V
4 - 100uF - 50V
5 - 15uF - 25V

Let er op dat je + en - goed aansluit.
Het kortere pootje is de - kant. vaak kan je dat ook zien aan een kleurtje aan die kant van de condensator.
Maak eerst fotos van hoe het origineel zat dan weet je waar de + en - zaten.

Waar moeten ze op:
(plaatje gejat, en verduidelijkt qua kleuren)
Nummers komen overeen met het lijstje hierboven.

bron: http://www.mk3supra.org/topic/9-guide-c ... a-1jz-ecu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My blue manual 1989 1JZ Supra twin turbo
My grey automatic 1991 Supra turbo
Whenever a bird shits on my car I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch, just to show them what I'm capable of.

toyota87
Meat-team Member

Re: 1JZ ECU: Vervangen van condensators

Post by toyota87 »

IMPORTANT: The capacitors may look perfectly fine and yet be bad, they look great at first, then deteriorate and cause damage to the ECU very quickly

MODELS/ENGINES AFFECTED:

This issue affects all Lexus & Toyota models with the following engines: 1JZ, 2JZ, 1KZ, 1UZ, 5E, 1G, 3S

The following are some of the models affected:

● Lexus LS400 - 1990-2000 (in 1997 and earlier models, the problem is extremely common)
● Lexus SC300 - 1993-2000
● Lexus SC400 - 1992-2000
● Lexus GS300 - 1993-1996

● Toyota Celica GT - 1985 -1998
● Toyota Supra Mark III (JDM) - 1986-1993
● Toyota Supra GT - 1995-1997
● Toyota Supra Mark IV - 1993-2002
● Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - 1993-2002
● Toyota MR2 - 1990-1999
● Toyota Camry - 1987-1991
● Toyota Soarer - 1992-2000
● Toyota Aristo - 1993-1996
● Toyota Celsior - 1990-2000

SYMPTOMS:

Please understand that any one of these symptoms can be a sign of ECU capacitors beginning to fail. - You do not need all or most of them to have this issue!

Your ECU capacitors are strongly suspected if you have at least one of the following intermittent issues on your Lexus or Toyota:

● problems in getting into diagnostic mode or scanner says "no communication"
● random dropping into "limp home" mode
● weird shifting problems
● OBD port is unresponsive, seems dead
● throwing random fault codes
● engine won't rev out/rev limits at 2000 or less rpm
● engine runs like crap, then suddenly runs fine again
● random not starting or cutting out
● low idle or erratic idle
● often very hard to start, requires starting fluid
● transmission will not automatically shift, only manual shift is possible
● transmission jerks from 1st to 2nd gear, and kinda slips from 2nd to 3rd
● no A/C compressor operation
● idle speed rolling up and down, or sometimes too low and sometimes too high
● speedometer not working reliably
● speed (cruise) control not working
● tachometer not working sometimes
● air bag light flickering intermittently
● A/C going into reset with flashing front defog light (front defog light typically flashing 10 times)
● check engine light on sometimes, but no codes stored, often in concert with ECT light
● ECU not communicating with scanners or not displaying codes with jumper installed
● bad sulfur exhaust smell in concert with not running right above

I was actually experiencing several of these symptoms including ECU not wanting to communicate!

So, with no engine diagnostic codes to work with, I checked all of the grounds, voltages and other obvious causes, and then in a MacGyver-Steve Jobs moment of insight, I decided it must be the electrolytic capacitors inside the ECU, which had appeared fine in an earlier inspection a few months earlier when the problems began. I suspected it was the capacitors because I discovered this problem back in the 1990's on Nissan 300ZX and the Mitsubishi DSM models. History just keeps repeating itself! - It was also bound to be ECU-related, because this diverse set of issues has only on thing in common - the ECU!

sure enough, upon re-inspection, the corrosive leakage was very bad, so bad that the main circuit board could barely be saved!, I replaced all 6 electrolytic capacitors, and now every single problem listed above is gone! - and the engine also seems to have more low end power than it had even before the symptoms above appeared!

if you recognize ANY of these symptoms listed above, bad ECU capacitors are a likely culprit!

I now believe any Lexus over 12 years old would greatly benefit from having ALL 6, 8, or 10 electrolytic capacitors in the ECU replaced with high quality new ones! - these were not part of a defective batch, but rather a quaternary ammonium salt capacitor issue, as explained by world-renowned ECU engineer Yamae in post #8 below. (we are very lucky to have him here at Club Lexus!)

this is NOT something a junkyard computer would solve, it is an age and sitting up problem, a junkyard ECU would have the same issues.

IMPORTANT: It is critical that you use the exact premium Japanese low ESR capacitors I have linked to below in the recommended capacitors section, even if you are having someone else do the work, the correct capacitors are very rare type and they will not have them locally - if they use other capacitors, the repair will not solve the problems you are having!

the power difference alone makes it worth doing, and just because an electrolytic capacitor looks good, doesn't mean it is - 93-97 LS models are showing up with this capacitor issue in particularly high numbers and other models such as SC model are showing up in high number on even earlier years such as 1992, this also affects the 2JZ and other Toyota engines!

Read more: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/6 ... z39PENPjDj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sleutelen is pure noodzaak doel is rijden.

Gtech
Elite shoarma kruider

Post by Gtech »

Tip, zoals je zelf al aangeeft met rare problemen met je ze preventief vervangen ookal zien ze er goed uit!

Bij mij zag je er niks aan maar waren ze zeker verrot!

Rsoarer
Shoarma kruider

Post by Rsoarer »

Heel nice ^O^
Soarer, Tourer en Chaser subforum nu op shoarmateam!!!!!!