Cookiewet mededeling:

Dit forum gebruikt cookies. Klik op het kruisje aan de rechterkant om akkoord te gaan met het gebruik van cookies.
This forum uses cookies. Click the X icon on the right to agree using cookies.

Wanted MK3 Digital dash LHD

De MKIII supra, het bestaansrecht van shoarmateam.nl heeft hier zijn thuis.

Moderators: Jos, mmarkk

ianstaley
Sla blaadje
kuchnie na wymiar

Wanted MK3 Digital dash LHD

Post by ianstaley »

Now I would love a Digital dash but don't know if it was ever shipped in LHD format. If so if the price is right I might be tempted to part with MONEY, Euros, E.Pounds, Swiss Francs even excuse the insult Am.Dollars. Oh And I will be over in Holland from the 29th November to the 11th December.
At my age there is never a truer motto than, "Seize the Day" because you may never get a second chance.

reaper
Assistent shoarma kruider

Re: Wanted MK3 Digital dash LHD

Post by reaper »

only RHD

I just bought one from a guy in turkey. But you also need the speedo cable and analogue to digital convertor thingamabob and a different fuel level sensor for everything to work. Also mind the car its comming from. The wiring of a 7MGE/TE or 1JZ is not the same (there are also facelifts in the digidashes)

ianstaley
Sla blaadje

Post by ianstaley »

reaper wrote:only RHD

I just bought one from a guy in turkey. But you also need the speedo cable and analogue to digital convertor thingamabob and a different fuel level sensor for everything to work. Also mind the car its comming from. The wiring of a 7MGE/TE or 1JZ is not the same (there are also facelifts in the digidashes)
This has been done maybe 10 times in the UK on my English forum so wiring is not a problem. Just that mine is a LHD, I bought her new in 1987 next door in Germany when I worked there for a while. Just never wanted to sell her and she is left to my daughter (now 42) in my will. But I would like her to have something special after I kick the bucket and get fried. So at least I know what I am up against. And it isn't a necessity, just a desire right now. I know that they are made LHD for the states but getting one is another thing. Although another analog instrument cluster would be a good idea as you never know when something gives up on the old one. Oh and I would also like to get a folding mirror switch too, otherwise I will have to wire it to the ignition switch to open and close on switching on and off power.

Ian
At my age there is never a truer motto than, "Seize the Day" because you may never get a second chance.

reaper
Assistent shoarma kruider

Post by reaper »

ianstaley wrote:
reaper wrote:only RHD

This has been done maybe 10 times in the UK on my English forum so wiring is not a problem. Just that mine is a LHD, I bought her new in 1987 next door in Germany when I worked there for a while. Just never wanted to sell her and she is left to my daughter (now 42) in my will. But I would like her to have something special after I kick the bucket and get fried. So at least I know what I am up against. And it isn't a necessity, just a desire right now. Although a new instrument cluster would be a good idea as you never know when something gives up on the old one. Oh and I would also like to get a folding mirror switch too, otherwise I will have to wire it to the ignition switch to open and close on switching on and off power.

Ian
That switch could be arranged. I noticed you asked majic79 on mkiiisupra forum about one. But i allready requested to whole set (mirrors + relay + switch) But since you are the UK postage adress I said i have i'd be happy to let you have the switch. I'l use something else instead then. Well atleast as long as he ever gets arround to checking the mirros anyway